Monday, September 29, 2014

Be Still

Our world is a confused, chaotic mess. The faster the pace of living becomes, the less apt people are to take time to slow down, process, and adjust their priorities and decisions accordingly.


I am amazed at what a difference sitting still before the Lord makes in my life. Things that were blurry in my mind and heart become sharp and clear. As I surrender my fears and anxiety to Him, sifting them through the truth in His Word, He gives me peace, direction, and confidence.

Through prayer, I reaffirm this truth...

"We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." ~Romans 8:28

If you keep your eyes on Him, seeking His wisdom, allowing Him to direct your paths, this will be your reality.


If not, you will falter.

Obviously things in this life will never be perfect either way, but His ways are best. When you begin to view things through an eternal perspective rather than a worldly one, then you are able to see things with clarity.

"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." ~Isaiah 40:30,31

So before the busyness and requirements of your day take command, I encourage you to slow down, sit quietly, and look up.


There is nothing more pivotal to your daily peace and success in life than that.




No comments:

Post a Comment